Australian Olympic Committee CEO, Matt Carroll, talks with Ministry of Sport’s favourite Nova Radio star, Matt De Groot, about the upcoming Sport Accord conference being held for the first time in the Southern Hemisphere on the Gold Coast Australia from the 5th to 10th May 2019.
Mr Carroll is an accomplished senior sports administrator with over 25 years of experience in all aspects of sports administration, including roles as Deputy CEO, Australian Rugby Union; General Manager, Rugby World Cup 2003; Head of A-League and Community Football, Football Federation Australia; and CEO, Australian Sailing.
Australia’s expectation of their athletes has never been higher, yet federal funding for Olympic athletes has been reduced by around $60 million over the last eight years and has no signs of changing.
Mr Carroll’s interview with Ministry of Sport discusses several important topics including:
- Did the Women’s Rugby 7’s Gold Medal in RIO pave the way for gender equality in the current sporting landscape in Australia?
- What the AOC defines as a successful Olympic campaign
- AOC’s aim for Sport Accord
- Opportunities available for Australia’s national federations
- And many more…
Global leaders from across the sporting industry confirmed for this year’s SportAccord Summit, include:
- Baksetball – Andreas Zagklis – Secretary General, FIBA
- Cycling – Amina Lanaya – Secretary General, UCI
- Hockey – Thierry Weil, CEO, FIH
- Triathlon – Antonio Arimany, Secretary General ITU
- Volleyball & Beach Volleyball – Luis Alexandre Pontes Rodrigues, Director for Asia & Oceania, FIVB
- Aquatics – Cornel Marculescu, Executive Director, FINA
- Athletics – Helen Delany, Senior Manager, International & member federation relations, IAAF
- Football – Marion Mayer-Vorfelder, Olympic Tournaments Group Leader, FIFA
- Rugby Union – Brett Gosper, CEO, World Rugby
- Tennis – Kelly Fairweather, COO, ITF
- Netball – Clare Briegal, CEO, INF
- Surfing – Robert Fasulo. Executive Director, ISA
- Baseball – Beng Choo Low, Secretary General, WBSC
- Esports – Leopold Chung, Head of international relations, IeSF
- Former United Nations (UN) Secretary-General and former South Korean Foreign Minister, H.E. Ban Ki-moon
Delegates can register here for SportAccord and attend conference sessions and the many networking opportunities offered within the Official Schedule.