A.S. Roma Partnership Brings Missing Girl Home Safe
young girl who went missing from her home in Tuscany on August 7, has been found safe after being the seventh child from around the world shown in A.S. Roma’s “Missing Children” social media campaign.
The 17-year-old was featured in videos to announce the signings of Chris Smalling from Manchester United, Borja Mayoral, Marash Kumbulla, and Pedro.
Videos showing the missing children have now been viewed over two million times on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Roma first launched their social media campaign in June of last year; in partnership with Telefono Azzurro (Italy), the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (U.S.), Missing People (U.K.), Missing Child Kenya, and the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (worldwide).
A.S. Roma chief strategy officer, Paul Rodgers, said: “this is just brilliant news.”
“When the club decided to launch the campaign, we wanted to use the viral nature of transfer announcements on social media to increase awareness of children missing from home.
“Back in June 2019, our hope was that even if we could just contribute in some small way to helping find one missing child, it would be the best thing we could ever do with the platform and audience we have on social media.
“To find out now that a seventh child who has featured in Roma’s announcement videos has been found safe is simply incredible.
“We want to thank everyone who shared the videos on social media and now we pray that all of the other missing children that we’ve featured this summer will also return home safely,” Rodgers said.
International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children vice president of programs, Caroline Hunter, said: “finding and bringing a missing child home to their family is always an amazing day for us.”
“We are so grateful for our partnership with A.S. Roma and for their willingness to highlight this global issue by displaying photos of missing children.
“We also want to thank their fans for their support,” Hunter said.
Two children from Kenya, one from Italy, three teenagers from England, and a Belgium boy have all been found safe after having appeared in the campaigns and Roma is optimistic about the future of the partnership.